Officially the safest
Yelloway is officially one of the most safety-conscious coach and bus operators in the UK – particularly when it comes to safeguarding children.
We’re one of only 30 operators nationwide qualified to hold Coach Marque, the UK coach industry’s ‘kite mark’. It covers every aspect of the business and includes a rigorous independent assessment of all safety measures.
VOSA – a vote of confidence
We also consistently achieve ‘Green Zero’, the best possible Operator Compliance Risk Score (OCRS), measured at roadside checks by the Department for Transport’s Vehicle & Operator Services Agency (VOSA). This is in effect a vote of confidence in the roadworthiness of our vehicles. It’s a relative measure compared with other operators – so our high score means that most other operators have a much lower score!
See our Operator Compliance Risk Score Summary
You can’t beat Yelloway for thoroughness
Drivers carry out a 30-point safety check before each journey; all vehicles are fully inspected every four weeks (40 per cent above the VOSA best practice recommendation); and all drivers and customer contact staff are fully and regularly status and CRB checked. Plus we are a member of the Confederation of Passenger Transport UK (CPT).
It’s fair to say that few other coach operators can offer anything like the Yelloway level of safety assurance. It requires resources that most simply haven’t got.
See our Driving Risks Assessment
We set higher standards
For example, if you’re a school and don’t already use Yelloway, this is what comes as standard with our school bus and coach services:
- Vehicles are fitted with seat belts and other safety features.
- GPS tracking so that we and you can monitor coach movements anywhere in the UK.
- Drivers specially trained to meet the requirements of safeguarding children.
- Drivers enhanced CRB checked, in uniform and with visible ID.
- All drivers hold Driver CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence).
- Vehicles and maintenance records available for inspection.
- Public liability insurance certificate available for inspection.
- Expert assistance with risk assessment.
If your current operator doesn’t offer all that, you need to talk to us!