We very much value everyone who works with us
Yes, we know lots of companies say that. But few have our genuine need for friendly, skilled, highly motivated and responsible people who can work both independently – often a long way from home – and as part of a close-knit team. We’re also an inclusive, equal opportunities employer, happy to offer training and development opportunities to anyone who qualifies.
We currently have vacancies for Full and Part Time drivers and also Morning and Afternoon, term time only drivers. Simply complete this Application Form and return back to Yelloway Coaches Ltd, P O Box 632, Oldham, OL1 9HN or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bus and Coach Drivers are key to our company’s success and we spend a lot of time selecting the right people to work with us. If you would like to work with us you must have:
- A full Driving License with PCV
- Driver’s CPC (5 modules)
- Two years driving experience
- No more than 3 penalty points on your license
- No criminal convictions
Transports children, parents, and teachers by driving a school bus to and from school, and to and from special outings and field trips.
- Provides a safe vehicle by observing visual defects; checking operating systems including, but not limited to; brakes, horn, windscreen wipers, lights, and door-opening devices.
- Maintains communications with Operations by ensuring adequate battery strength of mobile telephone; checking-in with Operations.
- Transports passengers to school by picking-up at assigned stops; instructing when it is safe to board the bus; observing passengers hurrying to the pick-up site so no one is left behind.
- Maintains safe conditions while traveling by enforcing safety and discipline rules; reporting unruly children to Operations; completing incident reports.
- Teaches safety procedures by reminding passengers to cross the road in front of the bus; conducting practice evacuation routes.
- Transports passengers home by following the delivery route; observing passengers safely off the road before continuing on the route.
- Conducts end-of-day safety and security check by inspecting and locking the bus.
- Implements emergency plan in the event of an accident by notifying police and/or ambulance service; administering first-aid until help arrives; initiating evacuation plan; reassuring passengers; filing accident report.
- Provides transportation to and from special events and outings by driving students, teachers, and parents.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading transportation safety journals.
- Enhances transportation department and school reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is an essential part of creating safer transport cultures and successful applicants are required to provide an Enhanced Disclosure. Disclosure expense will be met by employer.
- This job is covered by the Working Time Regulations.
Dependability, Deadline-Oriented, Map Reading, Safety Management, Connecting with People, Customer Focus, Client Relationships, People Management, Integrity, Excellent Driver, Enthusiastic and Flexible.
Please DO NOT telephone the office. Applications should be made by completing this Application Form and return back to Yelloway. Previous applicants need not apply. No Agencies.